At A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing, we understand how much damage water can do—and how fast it can do it. That’s why we offer fast burst pipe repair services in Nampa, ID. You can count on us for upfront pricing, clean and tidy work, and the latest plumbing technology.
Our technicians have extensive experience and go above and beyond to exceed the standard in customer service. We aim to be your go-to contractor for pipe repairs and outside hose bib replacement!
Some pipe leaks are hard to spot. Prevent moisture damage with our water leak detection service.
What Causes a Pipe to Burst?
While several things can cause a pipe to burst, here in Nampa, we see a few issues more often than others, including:
- Frozen pipe or frozen hose bib: In cold temperatures, the water in your pipes will freeze. Because ice has a larger volume than water, the pipe’s pressure increases, causing it to burst. Pipe thawing by putting your faucets on drip can prevent this from happening.
- Corrosion: Corroded pipes have a high risk of bursting. Causes of steel pipe corrosion include low water pH, oxidation, and excessive water pressure in a closed-loop piping system. Chemical drain cleaners can also result in corrosion.
- Shifting soil: A common cause of underground burst pipes is the pressure from moving soil. Ground freeze and thaw, earthquakes, and construction projects can result in soil shifting.
Signs That You Have a Burst Pipe
A burst pipe doesn’t always present as visible water spraying into your home. With a smaller leak or one in an area that isn’t visible, it could be days or weeks before you notice it. Unfortunately, even a small leak can damage structural components such as your floor, ceiling, or foundation. By looking out for signs of a burst pipe, you can take early action and prevent property damage.
Signs of a burst pipe include:
- A sudden drop in water pressure
- Dampness or dark spots on your walls or ceilings
- Standing water or puddling near your pipes
- Unpleasant odors
- Water discoloration
- An increase in your water bill
- High humidity levels and mold growth
Does your water heating system leak? Contact us to schedule water heater repair.
We’re Here to Help
When it comes to pipe damage and other plumbing issues, our team at A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing is standing by to provide reliable, cost-effective solutions. Taking prompt action will reduce the risk of moisture damage to your property.