Your home’s drain field plays a critical role in wastewater management. Through this shallow excavation, pre-treated wastewater from your septic tank flows to porous, unsaturated soil, which treats and discharges groundwater.
A failing drain field can result in a highly unsanitary and unpleasant environment. Fortunately, our team at A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing is only a phone call away. We offer professional drain field repairs in Nampa, ID, to restore your wastewater treatment.
Just dealing with a slow or stagnant drain? Contact us for a drain cleaning service.
What Are the Different Drain Field Types?
- Gravity drain fields for areas with permeable and dry soil
- Mound systems for homes that have a high water table
- Pressure distribution drain fields with pumps to move the effluent to the soil
- Aerobic treatment units that use aerobic bacterial growth to speed up the wastewater treatment process
- Non-permeable holding tanks for the temporary storage
- Cesspools that disperse effluent from a holding chamber to the soil
Our experienced team is happy to help you decide which drain field type is best for your property. Give us a call.
How to Know if You Need a Drain Field Repair
Homeowners often wait too long before addressing issues with their septic tank drain field. By being on the lookout for potential problems, you can take early action and avoid a costly and inconvenient septic system overhaul.
Signs that your drain field needs professional attention include:
- Backed-up sewage or drain field pipe and the presence of a dark, odorous liquid
- Water accumulation or puddling on your lawn around the drain field area
- Unpleasant smells around your drain field
- Increased growth or greener grass in the area surrounding your drain field
- The need to pump your septic tank more than once every two to three years
- Scum or liquid rising above the septic tank baffles or distribution box outlet
- Effluent discharge to the septic tank surface
Inspect your drain field regularly for any of the above warning signs and get in touch with our team if you detect any issues.
Having trouble with your septic tank rather than the drain field? Contact us for a septic tank service.
Schedule Routine Drain Field Maintenance
At A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing, we recommend that you schedule regular septic tank and drain field maintenance to prevent clogging, the intrusion of tree roots, and sewer line and tank leaks.
With sufficient maintenance, your septic tank and drain field will efficiently remove and treat wastewater for years.