From structural damage to mold growth, water leaks can cause a lot of problems, and they pose a particularly problematic threat because they can develop in your walls or underground. You could have an obscured water leak for weeks before noticing the damage.
Fortunately, our team at A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing can help. As a leading local plumbing and water leak detection company, we have all the necessary skills and experience to locate and address water leaks before they result in damage.
Have an obvious leak? Call us to schedule a burst pipe repair service.
Signs You Have a Water Pipe Leak
There are several ways to tell if you have a water leak in or around your home. By being aware of the warning signs, you can schedule a leak detection early, prevent moisture damage, and save unnecessary repair costs.
Signs of a water leak include:
- Stains on your interior surfaces: Dark or damp spots on your floors, walls, or ceilings are clear indications that you have a water leak.
- Mold growth: Fungi such as mold and mildew flourish in damp environments. If you have a water leak, mold spores are more likely to develop in the area. You can detect mold with a visual inspection of surfaces such as your walls. Mold also emits a prominent musty or muddy smell.
- A sudden increase in your water bill: An unexplained rise in your water bill may indicate a water leak.
- Low water pressure: A burst pipe may result in a water pressure drop. A water pressure drop usually presents with other signs of a water leak, such as noisy pipes.
What Leads to Water Leaks?
It's also a good idea to call for leak detection services if you are at an increased risk for pipe damage. While many events can be cause for concern, there are a few we see cause issues more often here in Nampa.
We’re happy to inspect your plumbing after:
- Below-freezing temperatures
- Spring and fall as the ground freezes/thaws
- Reports of water quality issues
If you live in an older home, you also might consider regular leak detection services or even repiping.
Water Line Leak Repair and Detection Services
We use the latest techniques in leak detection to discover pipe damage without digging or damaging your home. If our team does find a leak, we can fix it with equally damage-free solutions. Our goal is to exceed the standard in customer service, and we go above and beyond on every job we take on to do so.