As a leading plumbing company in Nampa, ID, clogged drains are among the most common issues we encounter. While we have several tools at our disposal, some clogs need a bit of extra work to remove. At A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing, we have perfected our hydro jetting technique, which will leave your drains squeaky clean.
If you’re using our drain cleaning service often, but still experiencing clogs, we have a new and superior technology that will blow you away.
What is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting uses high-pressure water to break down and blast away blockages. It’s similar to high-pressure cleaning that builders offer to deep clean bricks and other porous materials and is just as powerful at removing dirt, grime, and debris from pipes while keeping them intact.
Hydro jetting is also significantly less invasive than other traditional pipe cleaning methods. One of the most common methods to deep-clean pipes is to drill into the pipe near the obstruction and use a scoop to remove the clog manually. Hydro jetting is gentler and doesn’t require that we compromise the integrity of your pipes to get them clean.
When Should You Use Hydro Jetting?
We strongly recommend our hydro jetting services to remove tough blockages from pipes. Hydro jetting is particularly good at removing:
- Grease: Cooking grease is often one of the biggest culprits in drain blockages. As it cools, it hardens into a sticky substance that will attach to your pipes and attract anything that passes by. The result is a major blockage that’s difficult to break up through typical drain cleaning methods.
- Scale: Hard water contains minerals that will deposit on your pipes. Once enough scale accumulates, it will reduce the pipe's width, which allows blockages to form more easily.
- Tree roots: Tree roots can be a significant problem in sewer lines. Once they penetrate a pipe, they can cause leaks in addition to blocking the pipe and causing clogs. The best way to remove tree roots is to blast them away with a highly pressurized water stream.
Dealing with a leaking pipe from tree root damage? Schedule a pipe leak repair or replacement.
What Can Hydro Jetting Do for Your Pipes?
Hydro jetting is a versatile technique that will:
- Minimize the risk of clogs forming
- Remove organic waste and potential sewer line back-ups
- Restore normal water pressure, which will reduce the risk of leaks
- Minimize the chance of pipes failing due to tree root damage