A functioning sump pump is your home's first line of defense against basement flooding during heavy rainstorms. Unfortunately, many homeowners only realize that their sump pump has a defect when their homes' lowest points are underwater.
At A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing, we offer professional sump pump repair, maintenance, and installation services in Nampa, ID. Before the next rainstorm, let us provide you with a professional repair service that includes upfront pricing and financing.
Is there mineral build-up in your faucets or pipes? Call us to schedule a water softener installation.
What is a Sump Pump?
A sump pump is an appliance that directs water away from the low points in your home, including your basement and crawl space. By pumping water out of these areas, a sump pump protects your foundation and basement from flooding and water damage due to heavy rain.
There are two sump pump types:
- Pedestal sump pump: This type of pump sits above the sump pit, allowing for convenient sump pump maintenance and repairs.
- Submersible sump pump: This pump is installed inside the sump pit and prevents the water level from rising above the sump pit.
Because sump pumps play a crucial role during inclement weather, they require backup battery power and an electrical system connection.
Be Aware of Common Sump Pump Problems
Routine sump pump inspections are necessary to check for:
- Insufficient capacity: Your sump pump should be the right size to remove water quickly enough to prevent flooding.
- Pump failure: An insufficient power output, float switch issue, or poor construction can cause pump burnout.
- Power loss: Your sump pump may lose power due to a loose connection, circuit breaker trip, or power outage. Proper inspections and a backup power source will prevent this issue.
- Intake blockage: A clog in the intake prevents the pump from extracting water from the sump pit.
- Blocked discharge line: If there is ice or debris in the discharge line, the pump can't channel water to the perimeter drain system.
If you have water accumulating in or around your home when the weather is dry, contact us for a water leak detection service.
We Offer Professional Sump Pump Services
At A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing, we can address any sump pump issue. With our sump pump repair and maintenance services, your sump pump will effectively prevent flooding and water damage. If your sump pump reached the end of its life or is the wrong size for your pit, contact us for a sump pump installation service.