If your water is “hard,” it means it has a high dissolved mineral content, specifically calcium and magnesium. Hard water can cause mineral build-up in your water pipes and damage appliances such as your water heater and washing machine.
At A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing, we are one of the top water softener repair companies in Nampa, ID. We offer water softener system installation, repair, and maintenance services.
Struggling with slow to empty sinks? Contact us for a draining cleaning service.
Signs You Need a Water Softener Installation
You may need a water softener installation if you notice:
- Limescale build-up on your appliances: Chalky mineral deposits on appliances, such as your washing machine and dishwasher, is a telltale sign that you have hard water.
- Dry skin: The minerals in hard water form a residue on your skin that blocks pores and prevents the secretion of natural oils.
- Faded clothing: Calcium and magnesium bicarbonate in water give clothes a faded appearance and scratchy feel.
- Stains on your bath, shower walls, and sinks: Just like appliances that use water, your bathtub, sinks, and faucets are susceptible to mineral build-up.
- Recurring plumbing problems: The accumulation of calcium and magnesium in your water pipes restricts water flow, lowers your water pressure, and damages valves, causing water leaks. If you have to schedule regular plumbing repairs, your water is likely hard.
- High energy bill: Mineral build-up can reduce the energy-efficiency of appliances such as your water heater, causing your utility bill to skyrocket.
- Spots on glassware: Hard water leaves stains on glassware that is difficult to clean. Glassware with mineral stains also tends to break more easily.
Choosing a Whole-House Water Softener
If you have hard water, you need the right type and size water softener. Salt-based ion exchange softeners are the most common and work on the principle of ion exchange, substituting salt for the minerals in your water. Our contractors at A+ Drain Cleaning & Plumbing will help you select the right water softener for your home.
If there is sediment build-up in your hot water system tank, contact us for a water heater repair service.
Do You Need Whole-Home Water Softener Maintenance?
Water softener maintenance will prolong your system’s lifespan and ensure the reliable extraction of hard minerals from your water. We inspect the multiport valve during a water softener maintenance service, replace all standard service components, and test the system to verify that it works as it should.